Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
The Starbucks New Reward Program starts February 13th 2023 and the changes impact how many Stars are needed for coffee, tea and food.
Canada is sounding off this weekend as Starbucks and Netflix changes their terms which increases the prices for customers. Inflation much?
A few days ago we all got this e-mail from Starbucks listing the changes to their rewards program:
It reads “On Monday, February 13, 2023, the number of Stars needed to redeem certain Rewards is changing. To best support you through this change, we are providing redemption details below.
You will continue to enjoy all the benefits of the program, including your Birthday Reward, refills on hot or iced coffee and tea, exclusive games, offers and Double Star Days.”
A few of the changes include an increase of Stars for brewed hot or iced coffee or tea (previously 50 Stars). A 50 Star increase for handcrafted drink, hot breakfast, snack box or parfait (originally 150 Stars and now 200). As well as a 50 Star increase for Lunch sandwich (previously 250 Stars and now 300).
What do you think about these changes?
The Starbucks New Rewards Program
25 Stars ⭐️ to customize your drink (espresso shot, nondairy beverage, syrup and more).
100 Stars ⭐️ Brewed hot or iced coffee or tea (maximum of 4 brewed tea bags), bakery item (cake pop, cookie or bagel), packaged snack (ex. popcorn or chips) and more. The bakery item also includes a maximum of 2 spreads (cream cheese or butter packets).
200 Stars ⭐️ Handcrafted drink (Cold Brew, lattes, Frappuccino and more), hot breakfast (breakfast sandwich or oatmeal) or snack box. The hot breakfast items includes a maximum of 2 toppings.
300 Stars ⭐️ Lunch sandwich, packaged protein box or at-home coffee.
400 Stars ⭐️ Select Starbucks merchandise (with a value up to $20 pre-tax)
How to Get More Starbucks Stars
However, using a linked credit card, debit card or mobile wallet from the Starbucks app, you will earn 1 Star for every $1 spent.
Another way to get more Starbucks Stars is through promotional Bonus Stars offers. These offers are limited and may require you to visit a Starbucks store multiple times or purchase different items.
Finally, on Double Star Day you can earn twice the number of Stars from your purchase. However you must be a Starbucks Reward member and/or have the Starbucks or accept Starbucks promotional and marketing emails.
Benefits of Starbucks Rewards
If you are a Starbucks Rewards member not only will you earn 2 Stars for $1 spent, you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Birthday Reward: On your birthday (and only that day) you can receive a FREE handcrafted beverage OR food item.
- Free Refills: On hot or iced brewed coffee or tea during the same store visit.
- Early or extended access to some promotions and offers.
- Personalized offers and coupons: You must ‘opt-in’ to receive promotional and marketing offers.
- Double Star Day: On these days you can earn twice the number of Stars. Starbucks will tell you about these Double Star Days via Starbucks app or e-mails (you must ‘opt-in’ to receive promotional and marketing offers.)
Enjoy Starbucks at Home – It’s Cheaper!
I love going to a Starbucks, it’s always warm and smells like espresso and banana bread. Sometimes you want to treat yourself. But if you can’t go to Starbucks everyday, there are ways to enjoy a Starbucks beverage at home!
- You can purchase ground coffee in all of the popular Starbucks roasts including Pike Place, Coffee House Blend, Caffe Verona and True North.
- If you prefer to grind your own coffee, Pike Place, Caffe Verona and Espresso are available.
- To enjoy an Instant Coffee, try out the Starbucks Medium Roast Premium Instant Coffee or the Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate.
Will the Starbucks New Reward Program change how you buy from Starbucks? Let me know in the comments!