Mummy OREO Cookies are a fun way to celebrate Halloween. This recipe is easy to make with kids and no baking required! Try out this spooky halloween treat!
What are Mummy OREO Cookies?
These cookies are OREOs dipped in chocolate. The chocolate can be milk, dark or white chocolate. Another way to cover chocolates is to use candy melts. I talk about candy melts in Basketball Chocolate Covered OREOS. After the OREOs are dipped, have fun decorating with sprinkles, chocolate or other treats. Most importantly, Mummy OREOs are easy to make, requires no baking and fun!
Mummy OREO Cookie Ingredients
Mummy Chocolate Covered OREOs require less than 5 ingredients!
- OREOs: I love recipes that use OREOs because they come in many flavours! Experiment with different OREO flavours to create a fun twist on this recipe. I usually use OREO Double Stuf, but try out the OREO Carrot Cake or the limited edition Halloween Flavour.
- Candy Melts: White candy melts are ideal for dipping OREOs because candy melts do not require tempering, which is great for this kid friendly chocolate covered OREO recipe! Find Candy Melts at your local craft or bulk store.
- Candy eyes: These are fun decorations to add to make the face of the mummy OREO.
Have left over OREOS? Try Halloween Cookies and Cream Cookies!
How to Make Mummy OREO Cookies without Mold
- Prepare: Line a baking tray with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt: Microwave the candy melts for 30 seconds, stir between each interval until completely melted.
- Dip: Dip an OREO, one a time, in the candy melts. Completely cover the OREO in candy melts. Next, use the offset spatula to pick up the OREO. Then scrape the underside of the spatula on the rim of the bowl to remove excess candy melts. Transfer to the lined baking sheet.
- Decorate: Add the candy eyes and continue with the remaining OREOs.
- Make into a Mummy: Use a piping bag to add stripes on each OREO, this will create the Mummy look.
- Let set: Let the Mummy OREOS set in the fridge until firm, about 20 minutes. Then enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions about Mummy OREO Cookies
How to Store Mummy OREO Cookies?
Store Mummy OREOs in an airtight container at room temperature.
How Long are Mummy OREO Cookies good for?
Keep the Mummy OREOs at room temperature for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Do Mummy OREO Cookies need to be refrigerated?
No, but if you plan on keeping the OREOs for longer than 2 weeks, store in an airtight container in the fridge. I also recommend storing in the fridge if you live in a hot and humid place.
Can Mummy OREO Cookies be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze the OREOs but they may not taste fresh once thawed. Mummy OREO cookies are easy to make and requires no baking. If you will be short on time, I recommend making the OREOs 1 week ahead of the event.
Tools Required to Make Mummy OREO Cookies
- Baking tray
- Wax paper
- Heat safe bowl
- Spoons, offset spatula
- Piping bag
More Halloween Recipes
Halloween Mummy OREO Cookies
- 15 OREOS Double Stuff
- 1 bag White Candy Melts
- 30 Candy Eyes
- Prepare a baking tray with wax paper, set aside.
- Microwave the candy melts for 30 seconds, stir between each interval until completely melted. Dip an OREO, one a time, in the candy melts. Completely cover the OREO in candy melts. Next, use the offset spatula to pick up the OREO. Then scrape the underside of the spatula on the rim of the bowl to remove excess candy melts. Transfer to the lined baking sheet.
- Add the candy eyes and continue with the remaining OREOS. Use a piping bag to add stripes on each OREO, this will create the Mummy look. Let the Mummy OREOS set in the fridge until firm, about 20 minutes. Then enjoy!