Are you searching for a Moist Carrot Cake recipe? This Carrot Cake is made with NO nuts but at no cost to the flavour. Spices like cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg is the perfect addition to this bundt pan recipe.
Carrot Cake has a bad reputation, but this recipe has enough sugar and spice that is a crowd pleaser. For all ages (believe me on this!). A dusting of powdered sugar finishes this beautiful dessert and it’s ready to serve.
Moist Carrot Cake Ingredients – No Nuts
- Flour: The essential dry ingredient.
- White and Dark brown sugar: Mixing sugars in desserts creates a powerhouse of flavours. White sugar is sweetness and dark brown sugar adds moisture and a deep molasses flavour.
- Baking powder: The leavening agent.
- Salt: Balances the sweetness.
- Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Cloves: These spices are essential for fall baking. They all provide a warmth and depth of flavour.
- Canola oil: Use any neutral tasting oil. Oil provides the liquid and fat competent to the moist carrot cake.
- Eggs: Binds all the ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract: For flavour.
- Grated carrots: Use freshly peeled and grated carrots instead of canned or pre-grated carrots. Fresh carrots add moistures to the carrot cake.
- Raisins: A simple add-in ingredient for depth of flavour and texture.
- Powdered Sugar: Dust powdered sugar on top of the carrot cake and serve!
How to Make Moist Carrot Cake from Scratch
- Prep Carrots: Wash, peel and finely grate carrots. Set aside.
- Prepare bundt pan: Coat the entire bundt pan with melted butter or oil spray. Then dust with flour and tap off any excess flour. The bundt pan should be evenly coated with butter and flour. Avoid pools of butter or clumps of flour.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. This includes the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Add the wet ingredients: Next, add oil, eggs and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold: Then fold in the grated carrots and raisins until evenly distributed.
- Pour and bake: Pour the carrot cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake!
- Let it cool: Leave the carrot cake in the bundt pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions about Carrot Cake
How many carrots equal a cup?
For this recipe, 1 large carrot finely shredded creates 1 cup.
How do you keep carrot cake moist after baking?
This Moist Carrot Cake recipe has dark brown sugar, oil and fresh carrots. All 3 of these ingredients help keep the carrot cake moist! After the cake cools, store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Is carrot cake healthier than regular cake?
Unfortunately no, carrot cakes still have sugars and fat – just like any other cake.
How long does carrot cake last?
Carrot cakes will last for 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 1 large Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk, spatula
- Bundt Pan
- Wire Rack
Moist Carrot Cake with Raisins – Bundt Pan Recipe
- 3 cups Peeled and finely grated carrots
- 2 cups (265g) All-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1½ cup (300g) White granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) Packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground cloves
- 1 cup (250mL) Canola oil or other neutral tasting oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- Wash, peel and finely grate carrots, set aside. Coat the entire bundt pan with melted butter or oil spray. Dust with flour and tap off excess flour. Avoid pools of oil and clumps of flour, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and spices. Next, add the oil, eggs and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and raisins. Pour the carrot cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Tap the bottom of the bundt pan to ensure the batter is evenly distributed in the pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the carrot cake cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust powdered sugar and serve.