With winter fast approaching, it is time for the best warm winter drinks! Maple Vanilla Chai Tea Latte combines the sweetness of maple with the spice of chai. As a result, it creates this sweet-yet-warm flavouring.
During snow days, I love to warm up with a warm winter drink like a hot chocolate. This year I am switching to this Dairy Free Maple Vanilla Chai Tea Latte. It takes 5 minutes to make and it’s easy to double or triple the serving!
Why You Should Make Maple Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
- Dairy Free
- Naturally sweetened
- Ready in 5 minutes
- It’s a creamy dessert drink
Maple Vanilla Chai Tea Latte Ingredients
- Oat Milk: Earth’s Own Barista Oat Milk to keeps this recipe dairy free but foams just like regular milk!
- Chai Tea: My favourite Chai Teas are STASH and TAZO. Chai is filled with spices like cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and ginger to create a flavourful tea.
- Vanilla Extract: This recipe uses artificial vanilla extract but pure vanilla extract can be used.
- Maple Syrup: This naturally sweetener is perfect for tea lattes because it blends in with the oat milk without any clumps!
Use left over oat milk with Oat Flour Pancakes!
How to Make Chai Tea Latte with Maple and Vanilla
- Steep Chai Tea: Use a kettle to boil water and steep a chai tea bag in a heat safe mug.
- Heat the Milk: Heat the oat milk at a low heat in a small saucepan. Let the oat milk begin to bubble (but not boiling), add in the maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Froth: Remove the oat milk from the heat. Use a milk frother to froth the milk until the milk doubles in size.
- Make the latte: Next, pour the frothed milk on top of the chai tea.
- Garnish: Sprinkle with ground cinnamon or ground dark chocolate. Serve immediately.
Looking for another Dairy Free Latte? Try the Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tea Lattes
Where can I find Oat Milk? You can find Oat Milk at most grocery stores.
What type of Oat Milk is best? I prefer the Earth’s Own brand of Oat Milk.
What is the Best Chai Tea? STASH and TAZO make the best Chai tea.
What is the substitute for a milk frother? Use a whisk to rapidly beat the oat milk until it foams.
Dairy Free Maple Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
- Heat safe mug
- Milk Frother*
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1 bag Chai tea steeped
- 1/2 cup Oat milk*
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup*
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon as garnish
- Boil water and steep the chai tea bag in a heat safe mug.
- Heat oat milk in a small saucepan until it starts to bubble, but not boiling. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla, stir together. Remove the oat milk from the heat and use a milk frother to froth the oat milk until doubled in size.
- Pour the frothed oat milk over the steeped chai tea. Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top and serve right away.
If you tried this recipe, leave a comment below!
On Instagram, tag @ashleycbakes and #ashleycbakes so I can see your bakes!