Silky smooth is what I would describe this Lactose-Free No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. This recipe is one of my favourites because it’s lactose-free and no baking required. The tart blueberries balance the sweet cream cheese mixture to create perfection.
What is a Lactose-Free Cheesecake?
Lactose is the sugar found in milk and dairy products. Lactase is an enzyme that helps with digestion, and can be added to dairy products to break down lactose (Healthline, 2018).
Adding lactase to dairy products makes it an easy alternative with (almost no) changes to the recipe. Many companies now offer lactose-free versions of cream cheese such as Philadelphia and Presidents Choice. Today we are using Metro’s Selection brand of lactose-free cream cheese.
Thankfully, there are dairy-free cream cheese joining the market and I plan to experiment with these alternatives in the future.
What is a No-Bake Cheesecake?
No-bake cheesecakes contain no eggs. The cream cheese is whipped and mixed with Coconut Whipped Cream to create a silky mixture. Then refrigerate the mixture for 4- 12 hours. No baking required!
Lactose-Free No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Ingredients
Graham Cracker Crust
- Graham crackers: You can use graham cracker crumbs or create your own with whole graham crackers. I buy whole graham crackers and grind them as needed.
- Unsalted Lactose-Free butter: Melted butter holds the graham cracker crumbs together to form a crust.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- Selection Lactose-free cream cheese: Read above for more information on lactose-free cream cheese. Any brand of lactose-free cream cheese will work.
- Powdered sugar: Powdered sugar is ideal to dissolve quickly and prevent grittiness.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavour.
- SO Delicious Coconut whipped cream topping: This is a dairy-free alternative to regular whipped cream.
- Blueberry jam: Blueberries are tart enough to balance the sweetness of the powdered sugar. If using other fruit jams, adjust the sugar level.
How To Make Lactose-Free No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Start here: Bring the cream cheese to room temperature and defrost the coconut whipped cream in the refrigerator (if using frozen whipped cream).
- Make the graham cracker crust: If starting with whole graham crackers, grind the crackers with a food processor until it resembles bread crumbs. Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Then pour into a pie dish and press down.
- Mix the cream cheese: Use a paddle attachment on a stand mixer to whip the cream cheese until creamy. Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar and continue mixing.
- Create the cheesecake mixture: Fold in the coconut whipped cream until combined. Then pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Swirl blueberry jam: Drop a few spoonfuls of blueberry jam. Use a knife to swirl the blueberry jam in multiple directions to create a pattern. Do not touch the graham cracker crust with the knife.
- Chill: Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 4 – 12 hours.
- Serve: Remove blueberry cheesecake from the fridge at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- A food processor if starting with whole graham crackers
- Stand mixer with paddle attachment
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 10 inch pie dish (9 inch will work)
Lactose-Free No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup Unsalted Lactose-Free butter melted
- 2 boxes Lactose-free cream cheese blocks (500g) room temperature
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tubs SO Delicious coconut whipped cream topping (380g) defrosted in refrigerator
- 2 tbsp Blueberry jam
- Start with room temperature cream cheese and defrost coconut whipped cream in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Pour into pie dish. Press down to cover the entire bottom of the dish to create a crust. Place pie dish in fridge while moving onto next step.
- In a stand mixer, whip the cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer. Add in 1 tub of coconut whipped cream and mix using a spatula. Fold in the remaining 1/2 tub. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie dish. Smooth out cheesecake mixture.
- Dollop blueberry jam over the cheesecake. Use a knife to cut into the jam and the cheesecake and move the knife in different directions to create a pattern. Do not let the knife go through the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
If you tried this recipe, leave a comment below!
On Instagram, tag @ashleycbakes and #ashleycbakes so I can see your bakes!