Homemade Eggnog Pancakes take 15 minutes to make and it is the perfect way to use left over eggnog! These eggnog pancakes have a light but creamy taste, a dash of ground cinnamon levels up your basic pancake recipe. Enjoy Eggnog Pancakes with maple syrup, fruits and whipping cream!
Pancakes are a staple in my house, we always have a box of pancake mix ready to-go for breakfast or brunch. With Homemade Eggnog Pancakes, the pancake mix is tucked away! It’s so simple to make with a great reward. Another pancake recipe to make, that is gluten and dairy free is Oat Flour Pancakes.
Why You Should Make Eggnog Pancakes
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Homemade with great flavour
- Perfect for Holiday Brunch
- Light and Fluffy Texture
- Creamy and Cinnamon taste
Homemade Eggnog Pancakes Ingredients
- All-purpose flour: The foundation for the pancakes.
- Baking powder: A leavening agent to help the pancakes rise.
- Salt: To balance the sweetness.
- Cinnamon: A little flavour!
- Vanilla extract: Extra flavour!
- Dark brown sugar: This is optional but adds sweetness.
- Eggs: To bind the ingredients together.
- Eggnog: Eggnog is a staple for the Holidays, if you have any extra eggnog, this is the best way to use it. Eggnog has a sweet and custard flavour. Using eggnog instead of the traditional milk for pancakes creates a fluffy texture but tastes creamy and rich.
- Spray oil: The oil is to spray the griddle before cooking each pancake.
How to Make Homemade Eggnog Pancakes
- Preheat: Preheat a griddle or cast iron skillet.
- Grab all ingredients: Pancakes are so quick to make that taking the ingredients out of the pantry takes longer than actually mixing it.
- Mix all ingredients together: Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. The batter may be lumpy or bubbly.
- Make the eggnog pancakes: Spray the cooking surface with spray oil. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter. Using a measuring cup for the batter helps to create the same size pancake each time! Once the pancake start to bubble, flip and cook the other side. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Serve: Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruits or whipping cream
Frequently Asked Questions about Eggnog Pancakes
What do Homemade Eggnog Pancakes taste like? Eggnog is a rich, creamy and custard-like. These flavours are picked up in the pancakes and it’s the perfect Holiday brunch!
Can I make this recipe gluten-free or dairy-free? Yes, try using 1:1 gluten-free flour and an eggnog flavoured milk alternative. I have not tested this recipe to be gluten-free or dairy-free but let me know in the comments if you have tried!
Can I use milk instead of eggnog? If you cannot find eggnog, you can substitute the eggnog with regular milk or buttermilk.
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Pancake turner
The Best Homemade Eggnog Pancakes
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar optional
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Eggnog
For the griddle
- Spray oil
- Preheat griddle or cast iron skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. The batter may be lumpy or bubbly. Spray the cooking surface with spray oil and use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the griddle. Once the pancakes start to bubble, flip to cook the other side. Transfer to a plate to cool. Continue with the remaining batter, spraying the surface with spray oil in between. Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruits or whipping cream.
If you tried this recipe, leave a comment below!
On Instagram, tag @ashleycbakes and #ashleycbakes so I can see your bakes!