It’s Pumpkin Spice Latte season! Combine TAZO tea, pumpkin puree, warm spices and oat milk to create everyone’s favourite fall drink. This classic drink is easy to mix, so grab your fuzzy socks and blankets and let’s warm up!
This Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea is easy to put together – less than 10 ingredients in 10 minutes! It’s also made with honey and oat milk, so it’s naturally sweetened and dairy free! Enjoy fall with this perfectly cozy drink.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte Ingredients
- TAZO Classic Chai tea bag: Any chai tea will work but I prefer either TAZO Classic Chai or STASH Chai Black Tea.
- Earth’s Own Barista oat milk, frothed: Oat Milk is a dairy-free alternative to regular milk, which is perfect for our Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea! This recipe uses Earth’s Own Oat Barista Blend. It’s important to use the Barista Blend so the oat milk can be frothed!
- Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin Puree is made without any sugars or spice – we will add our own flavourings!
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. (See infographic to pin for later).
- Honey: Honey is a great natural sweetener, but can be substituted for coconut sugar or regular dark brown sugar.
What is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
How to Make Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte at Home
- Prepare chai tea: Boil water and steep the chai tea bag in a heat-safe mug. Then add the desired amount of honey and set aside.
- Prepare dairy free milk: Microwave or heat oat milk on the stove until just above body temperature. Using a milk frother, froth milk until it foams and becomes very bubbly.
- Make it pumpkin spice: In the oat milk, add in pumpkin puree and the pumpkin pie spice. Mix together completely with a fork or a mini whisk.
- Put it together: Pour half of the oat milk in the mug with the chai tea, mix together. Then pour the remaining amount of oat milk on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve the Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
What is Chai?
According to Teatulia, Chai is the Hindi word for “tea”. Chai is a mixture of spices brewed in milk with sugar, which is served similar to tea. Typical chai spices can include: cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, ginger and cardamon. Read more about Chai Tea at Teatulia.com.
What brand of Chai is best?
I drink Chai tea every morning so I have gone through many boxes of Chai tea. My personal favourites are TAZO Classic Chai or STASH Chai Black Tea. Add a splash of oat milk and we have my favourite AM beverage!
Does pumpkin spice chai latte have caffeine?
Yes but substitute for a decaf chai tea for a caffeine-free version.
- Milk frother
- Microwave or stove top
- Heat proof mug
- A fork or mini whisk
Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
- ½ cup Boiling water
- 1 bag TAZO Classic Chai tea
- Honey to taste
- ¼ cup Earth's Own Oat Barista Blend warmed and frothed
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Boil water and steep the tea for 5 minutes, add the honey or desired sweetener. Set aside.
- Warm the oat milk in the microwave or on a stove top until the oat milk is just above body temperature. Remove the oat milk from the heat and use a milk frother to foam the milk until bubbly. The oat milk should double in size.
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to the oat milk and stir with a fork or mini whisk. The oat milk may change colour once completely mixed together.
- Pour half of the oat milk mixture to the chai tea and gently stir. Add the remaining oat milk on top – don't stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe, leave a comment below!
On Instagram, tag @ashleycbakes and #ashleycbakes so I can see your bakes!